SAFELY SHIELDS MEDIAN OPENINGS
The ArmorGuard Steel Barrier Gate is a heavily reinforced gate designed for emergency openings, contraflow applications and workzone access. The steel barrier gate system can be safely opened or closed in under 2 minutes using only manual power. Optional pneumatic jacks can be added to make opening the gate even faster. The System is easy to maneuver on steeper gradients with the use of a built-in navigation and braking till. The ArmorGuard Steel Barrier Gate has been performance tested on all road surface types including gravel. The ArmorGuard Steel Barrier Gate is available in 8, 12 or 16 m (26’, 39’ or 52’) sections.
- 160 mm (6”) Permanent Deflection, 8 m (26') System tested
- Can be deployed on gradients up to 8%
- Robust transition design
- Easily installed on bridge decks and viaducts
- Available as a 8, 12 or 16 m (26, 39 or 52’) System
- Easily opens without electricity
- Performance tested to open and close in under 2 minutes.
- Pneumatic option available
- Ideally suited for rerouting traffic and for emergency access
WHERE TO USE
In center permanent and temporary medians to create a gate between concrete barrier or guardrail. Can also be used on a side of road or as a transition to a different concrete barrier profile.
ARMORGUARD GATE SPECIFICATIONS
- Classification - Longitudinal Barrier Gate
- Length - 8, 12, 16 m / 26, 39, 52’
- Width - 710 mm / 28”
- Height -840 mm / 33”
- 8 m (26’) System Weight - 2507 kg / 5527 lb.
- Perm. Deflection - 160 mm / 6”