EASY TO RESET ENERGY ABSORBING WALL FOR CURVES
The Safe-T-Curve Barrier is designed to be used in curve applications with a radius as low as 30 m (100’). These sites are typically found at locations with limited space resulting in unacceptable or marginally acceptable geometries. The high visibility design helps motorists navigate tight radius curves where impacts are an ongoing safety concern. In the event of an impact, the Safe-T-Curve Barrier safely redirects motorists back to the roadway and requires only minimal maintenance to reset the System. This allows for a safer environment for road authorities where high ADT can make repairs troublesome.
- Reduced maintenance cost after an impact
- Greater visibility of curve for motorists / helps motorists properly navigate
- Reduced worker exposure for repairs
- Reduced cost of repairs
- System safely redirects motorists back to roadway
- Easily reset after a design impact
- Meets NCHRP 350 TL-3 and EN1317 H2 test criteria
- Minimal ground anchors required
WHERE TO USE
In curves on roads where impacts are frequent or in areas hard to reach by maintenance crews .
HOW IT WORKS
The Safe-T-Curve Barrier System utilizes low deflection Quickchange Moveable Barrier (QMB) to dissipate energy during an impact. Because of the unique QMB design, the modules can be easily reset after a design impact using a standard prybar or truck equipped with a bumper wheel. The Safe-T-Curve Barrier consists of low deflection Quickchange Moveable Barrier anchored by a TAU-II crash cushion and concrete anchor point.