The DR-46 Motorcycle Barrier Attenuator (MBA) is designed to attach to standard roadside guardrail to protect errant motorcyclists from the guardrail post during a fall or collision.
The use of The DR-46 MBA under guardrail reduces the risk of the motorcyclist impacting dangerous guardrail posts. The DR-46 MBA is easy to install with a simple connection to existing guardrail posts.
The DR-46 can greatly decrease the injury and fatality rates of motorcycle guardrail accidents without interfering with guardrail performance. The DR-46 Motorcycle Barrier Attenuator is a physically flexible system that can follow radius curves as low as 15 m (50’).
- Significantly reduces injuries and fatalities to motorcyclists
- Attenuator absorbs energy and redirects the impacting motorcyclist by preventing the motorcyclist from impacting guardrail posts
- Bright yellow color acts as a warning to all motorists
- Allows for a curve radius as low as 15 m (50’)
- Ideal for context sensitive design applications
WHERE TO USE
Under guardrail to protect errant motorcyclists from stationary guardrail posts in case of a fall.
DR46 MOTORCYCLE BARRIER ATTENUATOR SPECIFICATIONS
Classification - Motorcycle Barrier Attenuator (MBA)
Module Length - 3 m / 9’ 10”
Width - 215 mm / 8.5”
Height - 330 mm / 13”