LIGHTWEIGHT, EASY TO ASSEMBLE, CRASHWORTHY ALTERNATIVE TO PORTABLE CONCRETE BARRIER
The Orion Portable Steel Barrier has been engineered to provide excellent performance. The Orion Portable Steel Barrier’s unique design incorporates standard off-the-shelf components to create an NCHRP 350 TL-3 accepted longitudinal barrier. 8-Space thrie-beam guardrail and standard w-beam guardrail connect to a steel frame to create the Orion Portable Steel Barrier. This unique design allows the Orion Portable Steel Barrier to be sold as either a complete system or in kit form. The Orion Portable Steel Barrier is lightweight, easy to transport, easy to deploy and easy to repair. Up to 1150’ (350 m) of Orion Portable Steel Barrier can be deployed in one hour.
- Available as a Kit or System
- Only first and last Orion Sections need to be anchored*
- Only 460 mm (18”) wide; ideal for narrow medians in construction zones
- Allows for a radius as low as 355 m (1165’)
- 1.84 m (6’) NCHRP 350 TL-3 Deflection (2000 kg, 25 degree, 100 km/h)
- Low deflection, “fully pinned” option available
- Up to 350 m (1150’) can be deployed in one hour
WHERE TO USE
As a temporary barrier in work zones and bridge decks when lightweight portability is required.
ORION PORTABLE STEEL BARRIER SPECIFICATIONS
- Classification - Longitudinal Barrier
- Section Length - 11.8 m / 38’ 8”
- Width - 460 mm / 18”
- Height - 870 mm / 34”
- Permanent TL-3 Deflection* - 950 mm / 37”
- Test Level - NCHRP 350 TL-3
*950 mm permanent deflection can be achieved by anchoring each section to create an Orion Minimal Deflection System. Standard deflection is 1850 mm when only the first and last sections are anchored.